Electrical Controls Engineer / CNC Integrator
|Benefits:||Hydromat offers one of the best benefit packages in the industry, including profit sharing, bonuses, health insurance, EAP and immediate 401(k) participation. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
When you work for a world leader that recognizes and rewards your best efforts, you can expect the best for your career. Explore the exceptional opportunities now available at Hydromat, Inc., the leader in precision transfer machine technology. We provide a state-of-the-art environment where challenge and growth go hand-in-hand. Hydromat strives for excellence to guarantee Total Customer Satisfaction.
We are committed to gain the appreciation and respect of our customers, associates, suppliers, friends and community. As an industry leader and visionary, our conduct will always be of the highest credibility and ethical values. Our mission is to create innovative and unique manufacturing solutions that provide high quality and cost effective production capabilities for metalworking manufacturers. We emphasize continued after sales support in the form of engineering, parts inventory, training, and comprehensive customer service.
|Duties:||This position is responsible for the selection and integration of cutting-edge CNC controls into custom designed machine tools. This includes the design of supporting control hardware, software, integration of peripheral equipment (vision, robotics, etc.) and full implementation during the debug and installation phases of projects. |
Essential Job Functions (fundamental job duties):
• Perform complete electrical, pneumatic control design analysis
• Design complex machine control software
• Integrate peripheral equipment (vision, robotics, etc.)
• Works with vendors to control costs
• Project management and assistance to Manufacturing and Assembly
• Participates in design reviews, design approvals, and runoffs
• Provides concept drawings, cost analysis, and documentation for proposals
• Analyze throughput on machinery and make recommendations on how to improve efficiency
• Identify and implement improvements for quality, cost, and uptime
• Assist in troubleshooting equipment and train service techs on new equipment
• Develop and propose spare parts list.
• Develop user manuals for operating and servicing the machines.
• Coordinate project installations with assembly, service and contractors
• Develop and edit electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics
• BSEE or equivalent technical degree
• Must have 3-5 years of controls design experience
• Must have a working knowledge of servo control and servo drive tuning.
• Must have advanced working knowledge of Fanuc Fapt Ladder III programming software
• Must have strong capabilities to comprehend mechanical functionality and complex Controls architectures including integration of peripheral equipment
• Should have experience with Allen-Bradley or General Electric PLC controls is a plus
• Should have experience with Fanuc and/or ABB Robotics including trouble shooting, programming and integration is a plus
• Should have knowledge of vision systems, specifically Cognex is a plus
• Strong working knowledge of electrical and safety standards
• Should have working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products
• Should have knowledge of NFPA Standards, ISO 9000 requirements is a plus
• Experience with Integration of controls across Ethernet/IP would be a plus
• Knowledge of Team Building, Time Management, and Value Engineering
• Project Management capabilities along with strong inter-personal, leadership, and organizational skills
• Candidate must be able to travel 50% of the total work time.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a passport.